About Tom Glaser
From a very young age, I was told what a good listener I am, and I’ve always been fascinated by human behavior. This combination naturally led to my majoring in communication as an undergraduate, and obtaining a Masters degree in counseling from Minnesota State University.
Now I am a Licensed Psychologist and Life Coach with over 30 years of experience in providing high-quality, integrative, person-centered individual, couples, group counseling, therapy, and personal coaching.
I enjoy working with individuals and couples, and adore group psychotherapy, as there’s a special synergy when a number of us come together in vulnerability and courage, supporting each other in experimenting with new behaviors, and inviting our best selves to emerge. I also offer consultation for helping professionals, assisting them navigate tricky client and patient situations and maintain balance between their personal and professional lives.
Virtually all populations intrigue me, but I have a special place in my heart for highly sensitive people (HSPs), minority groups, members of the LGBTQIAP2S+ communities, artists and other creatives, and those with active spiritual lives.
Volunteering also feeds my soul. Here are a few organizations to which I have donated time:
- Midwest Meditation and Psychotherapy Institute www.mwmeditationandpsychotherapy.org
- Rainbow Families www.familyequality.org
- Minnesota’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Allied Mental Health Providers’ Network www.lgbttherapists.org
- Rosetown Playhouse Community Theater www.rosetownplayhouse.org
- Sunray Meditation Society www.sunray.org
- Shir Tikvah Congregation www.shirtikvah.net
- University of Minnesota’s Center for Spirituality & Healing, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course co-leader www.csh.umn.edu
- Park Square Theater http://parksquaretheatre.org
I am a HUGE fan of all animals, especially dogs, and also thrive on performing, travel, and spending time with those I love.
Two-Year Post-Graduate Training Program
Gestalt Institute of the Twin Cities, 1992
Master of Science
Counseling and Student Personnel, 1986
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Bachelor of Science
Communications Arts and Sciences, 1984
Western Michigan University