Collaborative therapy healing mind, heart, and body through awareness and experience
- Whether relating to ourselves or relating to others, it is in the context of relationship that we reach our highest potential.
- We grow and excel in an environment with just the right amount of support—so we are comfortable, and just the right amount of challenge—so we are not too comfortable.
- We must feel understood—by ourselves, yes, and often by another—before we can make change.
- Engaging in our passions makes us come alive.
These four core beliefs guide my work as a psychologist, life coach, author, radio host, and performer. In every endeavor, I aim to attend to relationships, provide support and encourage challenge, foster understanding, and inspire passions. Working collaboratively and cultivating safe spaces, together we can increase awareness and create experiences that allow our best selves to emerge.
Tom helps clients in five key ways:
First and foremost, I listen deeply and actively.
I strive to fully understand what troubles you—and your strengths.
I support you through the changes you want to make by:
- Helping define your therapy goals
- Giving pointers and feedback to keep you on track
- Celebrating successes
As you experiment with new behaviors, I help with three critical tasks:
- Reducing unhelpful behaviors and thoughts
- Increasing helpful thoughts and behaviors
- Expressing and releasing blocked feelings
Active listening, wisdom, and humor help you achieve your goals and reach your highest potential.
FULL HEART LIVING
With its unique combination of storytelling, interviews, memoir, and activities, Full Heart Living: Conversations with the Happiest People I Know is as fun and engaging as it is relatable and practical. Pulling himself out of darker times, the author’s vulnerability touches the soul, and the lessons learned make complex ideas simple and doable.